Sunny Isles Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor oil comes plain or lightly scented with your choice of fragrance or essential oils. Castor oil has been used for its medicinally properties for thousands of years. The castor bean is native to Eastern Africa but made its way to the West Indies and Jamaica via slave trade. There are two main types – the pale translucent and the dark brown castor oil. The dark brown is said to be more effective due to its ash content which gives it the traditional burnt smell.
Jamaican Black Castor oil is versatile; it is organic and processed the traditional Jamaican way. It is used as healing and cleansing oil and can either be ingested or used on the scalp and skin. For the purpose of this write up; use it only on your scalp, hair and skin.
I still have memories of my parents lining us children up for the weekly dose of one table spoon of black castor oil for its immune system benefits.
Hair and scalp benefits of Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor oil
- Stimulates hair growth for all afro hair types – wavy, curly, and kinky
- Helps to grow and strengthen hair preventing hair loss
- Quickly and effectively re-grow thinning edges
- It adds volume to thinning hair by preventing split ends
- It prevents hair from knotting or tangling
- It softens and moisturizes hair and scalp
- Its anti-microbial properties makes castor oil an effective dandruff, eczema, and dry itchy scalp treatment
- The plain oil is used for eyelash and eyebrow hair growth
- Both plain and slightly scented are used as massage oils for pain relief or relaxation
- Use as hot oil treatment for hair once a week or as an overnight conditioner
You can expect to see results within two to 4 weeks of use.
Skin benefits of Sunny Isle Jamaican Black Castor oil
It has anti-inflammatory and healing properties, deep cleansing and pore tightening characteristics which is employed in the treatment of acne. Its rich vitamin E content nourishes and gives soft smooth skin, aids healing as well as reduces the appearance of scars, surgical marks, wounds and cuts, wrinkles and other skin blemishes and disorders.
Its anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties can be used for treating athlete’s foot, eczema and warts effectively. Its anti-inflammatory properties is also employed in managing arthritic aches and pains; gently warm the oil and apply overnight to painful area before going to sleep.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.